King Charles was said to be “displeased” that his siblings showed public support for disgracedPrince Andrew by attending a shooting party with him.
Anne, Princess Royal, 72, and Prince Edward, 58, were seen at the shoot on the Windsor estate along with the Duke of York – two days before the King’s 74th birthday.
The gathering had intended to be a show of support for 62 year old Andrew, who has been banished from polite society amid the accusations surrounding his former involvement with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
But it has been reported that the shoot has turned relations at the top of the Royal Family frosty – with King Charles keen to distance himself from the gathering.
A source told theMail on Sunday: “King Charles was said to be displeased that Edward and Anne had been publicly meeting up with Andrew and wanted it made clear that he had not been part of the shoot.
“Anne and Edward had been privately concerned about Andrew and wanted to check on him.
“But Charles’s view is that he should not be in the public eye. His Majesty was not thrilled at all.”
OK! has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment on the source's claim.
Prince Andrew stepped down from royal duties and the Queen stripped him of his military affiliations and patronages in the wake of sexual assault allegations made against him by Virginia Giuffre.
Ms Giuffre, now 38, claimed she was forced into sex at 17 with the duke by his associates Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, the British media heiress convicted in of sex-trafficking girls for Epstein.
Andrew denied the allegations against him and later came to an out of court settlement, reportedly worth £12 million, with Ms Giuffre. The settlement is not an admission of guilt.
While Andrew is expected to be among the royals at Sandringham for Christmas, it is thought he will not be included in the family's annual walk to St Mary Magdalene Church on Christmas Day.
Meanwhile, it emerged this week thatPrincess Beatrice told her father Prince Andrew that he had “hurt” the Royal Family in the wake of his car crash interview with the BBC ’s Emily Maitlis in 2019 – when he was grilled on his friendship with Epstein.
After the interview, his eldest daughter gave him a dressing down, according to Texan businessman John Bryan – who infamously was once picturedsucking the toes of Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.
Bryan has remained in close touch with Fergie and told theDaily Mail Andrew was “very upset” and downcast after his interview, but not as upset as Beatrice.
And last week, it emerged Andrew was plotting a "fightback" into public life, believing this may still be possible, after his accuser, Ms Giuffre, dropped a case she had brought against American lawyer Alan Dershowitz.
- Click here for today's top showbiz news
- England WAGs cheer on team with designer bags, matching kits and cute kids
- Emmerdale's Jay Kontzle welcomes third baby and shares first picture: 'We're blessed'
- I'm A Celeb's Sue Cleaver cheers with delight as she is voted off ITV show
Get exclusive royal stories straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter
Source: Read Full Article