Piers Morgan to return to TV for first time since quitting Good Morning Britain for tell-all interview

Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!

Piers Morgan is set to return to TV screens for the first time since quitting Good Morning Britain to give a tell-all interview.

The 56-year-old presenter sensationally quit the ITV show last month following his rant on Meghan Markle after her bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview alongside her husband Prince Harry.

But Piers will appear on Fox Nation’s Tucker Carlson Today show on Monday for a one-hour interview to give his side of the events that led to him leaving GMB.

The Life Stories host quit the hit ITV show after storming off set after a row with Alex Beresford and refusing to apologise for his various scathing rants about the Duchess of Sussex following her interview with Oprah.

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

ITV later confirmed the news of Piers' departure with a statement, which read: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

Fox host Tucker Carlson tweeted a clip announcing the interview with Piers, adding: “So Piers Morgan was banished from television for asking a simple question. How is it that the most privileged people in our society get away with posing as the most oppressed?

“And for asking that of course they crushed him and they took his job away. On Monday we will speak to Piers Morgan for his first wide-ranging on-camera interview since he was cancelled.

  • Good Morning Britain hit by Ofcom complaints after Alex Beresford replaced Piers Morgan as host of show

  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's neighbours move out of California home nine months after royal couple arrive

“We will have him on our new programme Tucker Carlson Today.”

He also tweeted: “Piers Morgan gives his first interview since the Meghan Markle feud and walking off the set of his show. Monday on Tucker Carlson Today – dropping at 4pm ET on @foxnation.”

Piers tweeted: "UPDATE: On Monday, I will give my first interview since leaving Good Morning Britain to @TuckerCarlson on his new @foxnation show, with highlights that evening on his @FoxNews show. Was I silent, or was I silenced?"

Former Britain's Got Talent judge Piers has since confirmed the reason for his GMB exit and said he refused to apologise to Meghan for not believing her claims in the Oprah interview.

  • Alex Beresford quits social media after 'relentless racism' after on-air GMB feud with Piers Morgan

  • Loose Women star Coleen Nolan's quirky home interiors divides fans – what do you think?

He also admitted that before presenting the show on Tuesday, he had "a bad night of broken sleep" which left him "tired and agitated".

Writing in his column for theMail on Sunday , Piers,who hit out at Alex Beresford , said: "Oh s**t. This must be more serious than I thought. Mid-afternoon, Kevin Lygo, ITV's Director of Television, who I'd spoken to several times since yesterday, rang to say we were now 'on the cliff edge' and either I apologised, or I would have to leave GMB.

"And even if I did apologise, that wouldn't be the end of it. The woke brigade would keep coming for me, demanding I apologise for everything else they find offensive – which of course, is absolutely everything."

Source: Read Full Article