I asked my nail artist for a cute marble manicure – they looked very different, now people say she deserves to be jailed | The Sun
IF you're going to the effort of getting a gel manicure, it's always worth asking for some trendy nail art too.
So when TikToker Emii Ervine booked in to get her nails done earlier this month, the beauty fan asked for a chic marble design.
In a viral video that's racked up over 3.1million likes, Emii shared the inspiration photos she showed her nail tech.
The chic and simple manicure was supposed to have a couple nails in one block colour and some marble-effect pink and blue swirls.
But what Emii ended up with couldn't have been further than what she wanted.
As soon as she got back to her car, the social media user took a photo of her bizarrely blocky and square manicure.
read more on beauty
I ignored docs advice to quit sunbeds – I’m an idiot and now resemble a panda
Shoppers run to Superdrug to buy cream they say is like ‘Botox in a bottle’
Instead of the pretty ombre design she'd asked for, Emii was left with four aqua blue nails and a strangely translucent one which was supposed to be the marble.
Unsurprisingly, the video left viewers equally stunned and people joked that she "won" the TikTok trend.
One replied: "Noooo girl, at this point just sue them."
Another added: "Did they go to jail for that day light robbery?"
Most read in Fabulous
I spoke out against Harry & Meghan & it cost me £2.5k a MONTH
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry suffer blow over King Charles' Coronation
Woman surprises hubby in sexy lingerie – but his reaction is brutal
Vet tech reveals dog breeds they dread coming in because they always bite
"Jail," a third wrote. "Immediately jail."
Meanwhile, a fourth joked: "This looks like when I used to put scotch tape on my nails as a kid to pretend I had nails."
After initially wanting to take the nail tech's side, a fifth replied: "I was going to say that looks like a really hard style to do and it’s not really their fault for not being able to do it…
"But nah they did you WRONG!"
Luckily for Emii, things could've gone a lot worse – she could've ended up with a dead finger like mum Shawna Laes did.
When her nail broke, she didn't think much of it – but little did she know what was about to come.
Now left with a dead pinkie, the mum has taken to TikTok to warn fellow beauty fans about acrylics and doing them yourself.
According to Shawna (@shawnaleae), things started going in the wrong direction when she applied superglue on her finger before taking her daughter to Disney World for her birthday.
Sharing her story, the mum, believed to be based in the US, reckoned this is when bacteria got in, leaving her with a nasty infection.
Alarmed, she headed to the hospital, where she stayed several days.
Over this period, her pinkie, which was once rocking a stunning red acrylic, now looked like something from a horror movie – it had turned dark purple.
But this was just the beginning, as soon the infection began to spread to her arm, and this is when doctors diagnosed her with cellulitis.
After being put on IV drip, the mum said her whole body was swollen and she could barely walk.
''Legs, ankles, feet, arms… I'm so full of fluids because my kidney function went from .7 to 2.4.''
Warning others, the mum said: ''Lesson: when you break your nail, put a Band-Aid completely over it until you can get it fixed it is a life or death situation!!''
Unfortunately for Shawna, things didn't end well for her – the pinkie is necrotic – dead – and doctors even insisted on chopping it off.
Despite the recommendations, Shawna refused to have the procedure done and claims she's happy to have made the decision to live with it.
According to her, the finger seems to be healing – she even said that a lot of the skin has grown back.
Hearing her story, people on social media were horrified and many flocked to comments to show support.
''i hope your finger will magically heal by itself and donit have to cut it!!!'' wished one viewer.
Read More on The Sun
I’m a hairdresser – 8 ways customers annoy us & yes, put down your phone
Easy Air Fryer Parmesan spuds that are a must for your Mother’s Day roast
Another claimed: ''this happened to my toe and it went back to normal, give it a few months.''
''Try putting a glove finger over the dressing to keep it put! I had part of the skin on my finger flayed off and that’s how I protected it!'' someone else advised.
Source: Read Full Article