No matter what you have planned for the summer — beach vacations, road trips, or lazy afternoons spent relaxing on the porch — you’ll want to have a great read on hand, and Amazon’s latest list of the best new books is the perfect place to find one.
Amazon recently revealed its top books to emerge this year, and the list is full of diverse finds you’ll want to read ASAP. The retailer’s top 10 picks include everything from fun fiction reads to cookbooks and moving memoirs, but here’s the best part — the list features tons of discounted books with markdowns up to 48 percent off retail prices.
The book hub rounded up 10 great reads across the board, but also broke it down by category, making it easy to find something you’ll enjoy from its various departments like fiction, food, romance, young adult, memoirs, and more.
Amazon’s Best Books of 2019 So Far by Category:
- Best in Cookbooks, Food, and Wine: Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir by Ruth Reichl
- Best in Literature and Fiction: City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Best in Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense: The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Best in Romance: The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
- Best in Science Fiction and Fantasy: A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine
- Best in Teens and Young Adult: SHOUT by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Best in Biographies and Memoirs: Once More We Saw Stars: A Memoir by Jayson Greene
- Best in Business and Leadership: The Making of a Manager by Julie Zhuo
- Best in Comics and Graphic Novels: Bloom by Kevin Panetta
- Best in History: Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations by William H. McRaven
- Best in Humor and Entertainment: Go Ahead in the Rain: Notes to A Tribe Called Quest by Hanif Abdurraqib
And if you’re curious about what made it to the top of the list across the board, get excited because the retailer revealed that, too. Each month, the editors at Amazon compile their favorite new books — and to create this list, they narrowed it down even more to the absolute best. Here are the top 10 books of 2019 so far, according to the editors at Amazon.
Buy It! City of Girls: A Novel by Elizabeth Gilbert, $16.80 (orig. $28); amazon.com
Buy It! The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides, $15.99 (orig. $26.99); amazon.com
Buy It! Once More We Saw Stars: A Memoir by Jayson Greene, $15.60 (orig. $25); amazon.com
Buy It! Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner, $16.80 (orig. $28); amazon.com
Buy It! The Night Tiger: A Novel by Yangsze Choo, $13.49 (orig. $26.99); amazon.com
Buy It! Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Jenkins Reid, $15.99 (orig. $27); amazon.com
Buy It! Underland: A Deep Time Journey by Robert Macfarlane, $18.27 (orig. $27.95); amazon.com
Buy It! The Unwinding of the Miracle: A Memoir of Life, Death, and Everything That Comes After by Julie Yip-Williams, $16.67 (orig. $27); amazon.com
Buy It! Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir by Ruth Reichl, $13.98 (orig. $27); amazon.com
Buy It! Cari Mora: A Novel by Thomas Harris, $15.78 (orig. $29); amazon.com
Source: Read Full Article