GETTING started on your festive season food shopping in the Black Friday sales is a brilliant way to save money.
Not only will you be able to save heaps of cash on party foods and stocking up the bar, but you'll be smugly ahead on your party planning, so you can relax in the run-up to Christmas. Read on to discover the best places to get Black Friday food and alcohol deals this November,
*Remember, just because an item is in the sale, it doesn't mean you can't find the same product, or similar, elsewhere. Always shop around to make sure you're getting the best price.
- Shop Amazon's grocery deals here
Live Black Friday food and alcohol deals
Retailers and brands are starting to announce their latest Black Friday deals.
Watch this space for the latest news and updates.
Get 25 per cent off a selection of reusable bottles and barware that keeps drinks cool with S'well's Black Friday deals, which kick off on Cyber Week.
You can also get a 450ml Traveler bottle when you spend £125 or more.
- S'well wine cooler, now £26.25, saving £8.75 – buy here
- S'well cocktail shaker set, now £30, saving £10 – buy here
- S'well ice bucket, now £37.50, saving £12.50 – buy here
- S'well Eats, now £18.37, saving £6.13 – buy here
- S'well bottles, now £18.37, saving £6.13 – buy here
Pre-Black Friday food and alcohol deals
If you're looking for deals on food and booze in advance of the festive season, you don't need to wait until Black Friday to start shopping. We've found some great prices on spirits and festive food in advance of the November sales.
- Wrigley sugar-free chewing gum, 10 packs, was £12.99, now £7.99 – buy here
- Green & Blacks 70% dark chocolate bars, 15 packs was £34.35, now £25.57 – buy here
- Cretan Culture organic extra virgin olive oil, was £26.99, now £15.56 – buy here
- Lavazza medium roast coffee beans, 1kg, was £13.99, now £10.29 – buy here
Master of Malt
- Whitley Neill violet gin, was £26, now £22 – buy here
- Quinta dos Espinhosos LIV Vinho Verde 2018, was £12.95, now £9.95 – buy here
- Bells Original Scotch Whisky 1 litre, was £26.95, now £22.95 – buy here
- Bluecoat American Dry Gin, was £31.95, now £27.95 – buy here
- Ocho La Latilla Añejo 2015 tequila, was £59.56, now £49.56 – buy here
Upcoming Black Friday Food and Alcohol Deals
- Spirit of Harrogate – get two bottles of Slingsby gin for £40 – buy here
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday is a retail tradition that we've imported from the USA.
That's why it falls each year on the day after Thanksgiving is celebrated in the USA, which this year, is November 27.
However, most supermarkets and other food and alcohol retailers start discounting their goods two weeks before Black Friday.
As you get ready to find the best Black Friday food and alcohol deals, it's worth remembering that you may be able to find the same product cheaper elsewhere – always shop around to make sure you're getting the very best price.
You can learn more about Black Friday and get tips on where to find the best bargains in all categories in our Black Friday explainer.
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday falls on November 30 this year and many retailers will keep their sales going on this day, encouraging shoppers to go online for deals.
More Great Black Friday Deals
Take a look at some of the other Black Friday deals we’ve found around the web
- 101 Black Friday deals
- Washing Machines
- Coffee Machines
Which supermarkets have Black Friday food and alcohol deals?
All the major supermarkets and other food and alcohol retailers are likely to offer unmissable discounts in the run-up to Black Friday, as well as on the big day and afterwards.
Last year, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Iceland, Lidl and others all had some excellent Black Friday food and alcohol deals.
Food-wise, prices were slashed on party nibbles, chocolate, coffee and roasting joints, along with other festive season essentials.
There were even some deals to be had on the supermarket petrol pumps, when you spent money on groceries.
Amazon Fresh, the online retailer's food department, could also have food deals this year, good news if you have an Amazon Prime membership and qualify for free delivery.
To help you keep ahead of what's on offer in the supermarkets in 2020, we'll be rounding up some of the best offers right here, and in the meantime, these links will take you directly to the retailers' Black Friday pages:
- Amazon – Black Friday page
- Aldi – Black Friday page
- ASDA – Black Friday page
- Lidl – Black Friday page
- Marks and Spencer – Black Friday page
- Morrisons – Black Friday page
- Sainsbury's – Black Friday Page
- Tesco – Black Friday Page
What Black Friday food and alcohol deals were there last year?
These are just a few of the great prices we saw on food and alcohol in last year's sales:
Masters of Malt
Shop Masters of Malt Black Friday deals here.
- Bombay Sapphire, £16.95, saving £6 – buy here
- Ableforth's Bathtub Gin, £25, saving £6 – buy here
- Aberfeldy 12-year-old Whiskey, £27.90, saving £5 – buy here
Shop Morrisons' Black Friday food and alcohol deals here.
- 10p off every litre of fuel when you spend £60 in-store. Shop here
- Palazzo Nobile Prosecco 1.5L for £10. Shop here
- British beef roasting joint, £5 per kg. Shop here
- Save ⅓ on all bottles of Champagne. Shop here
Marks & Spencer
Shop M&S Black Friday food and alcohol offers here.
- Buy 2 and save 25 per cent on selected cases of wine. Shop here
- 4 for 3 on selected party foods. Shop here
- £6 a bottle on selected wines. Shop here
Shop Tesco's Black Friday food and alcohol offers here.
- 25 per cent off when you buy 6 or more bottles of wine or champagne. Shop here
- Half price on a selected range of foods. Shop here
Which supermarket had the best deals on alcohol on Black Friday?
Generally, there's not just one supermarket offering great prices on booze for Black Friday.
If anything, it's the time of year where you should be keeping your options open for the best alcohol deals.
Last year, we saw some fantastic savings on wine, prosecco, whisky and other party spirits including Baileys at the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, but there are sure to be great deals at the other supermarkets too.
It also makes sense to keep an eye on specialist drinks retailers such as Master of Malt, so you can compare sale prices.
Finally, Amazon also stocks a variety of alcohol in its Beer, Wine and Spirits department, and the prices can be competitive.
As well as the supermarkets, you can also check these other retailers for Black Friday food and alcohol deals:
- Ebay – Black Friday page
- John Lewis – Black Friday page
- Majestic – Black Friday page
- Master of Malt – Black Friday page
- Musclefood – Black Friday page
- The Whisky Exchange – Black Friday page
To keep you ahead of the great Black Friday food and alcohol deals this year, we'll be keeping tabs on things right here, so check back closer to the time for everything you need to know.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
Discover more about Black Friday and where to find all the best deals in our Black Friday explainer.
Enjoyed our round-up of Black Friday food and alcohol deals? Check out our dedicated Sun Selects food and drink section for more top products.
Need a new fridge to stock all your food? We've rounded up the best Black Friday fridge freezer deals.
Source: Read Full Article