Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s baby Archie ‘has only met his cousins twice’

Royal children George, Charlotte and Louis have only met their cousin Archie a couple of times despite living just down the road, it has been claimed.

The eight-month-old is currently back in Canada with mum Meghan Markle while dad Prince Harry is in Britain helping to smooth over tensions following the couple's bombshell announcement.

Little Archie first met his cousins in July at a polo event, weeks after being born, but contact between him and William and Kate's kids is understood to have been limited since then.

Rumours of a falling out between Harry and William has been suggested as a key reason, while Meghan and Kate are also thought to not see eye to eye, reports the Sun Online .


  • Meghan Markle's dad set to testify in court against her in 'trial of the century'

  • Meghan Markle seen for first time in Canada since couple 'quit' royal family

It has been reported the brothers had an almighty bust-up at the summer polo match in Berkshire, but they have both since released a joint statement denying there is any anymosity.

While Buckingham Palace sources have also firmly denied the row ever happened, in the wake of Monday's crisis talks at Sandringham, reports the Mail Online .

The two princes joined dad Charles and the Queen at the royal estate to thrash out a plan for the future of the duke and duchess of Sussex after the announced they plan to 'quit' the family firm.


  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's charities fear 'Megxit' will see them abandoned

William and Harry's statement said: "Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.

"For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful."

With Harry and Meghan looking to split their time between Britain and North America, it is unclear how much time Archie will actually get with his cousins in the foreseeable future.


  • Eye-watering estimated cost of Meghan Markle and Harry's private security – it could 'spiral'

On their official SussexRoyal Instagram page, the Sussexes said they hoped to raise their little child with 'geographic balance".

The statement went on to say they would "raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity."

Following his birth in May, until he was whisked away to Canada in November, Archie has lived at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, 20 miles from Kensington Palace where George, Charlotte and Louis reside.


  • Prince William back at work after Megxit summit and 'more worried about Aston Villa'

The Sun reports that the Cambridges opted to meet baby Archie for the first time alone, leaving their children at home.

It has been said Meghan and little Prince Louis appeared to hit it off during the polo match in July.

But with the Sussexes alleged to have been discussing the possibility of quitting public life as early as May last year, they chose to spend Christmas in Vancouver, far away from Sandringham with the other royals, as per tradition.

And just days after arriving back in the UK they announced they would be stepping back from senior royal life with the intention of becoming financially independent.

Harry is due to host the Rugby League World Cup draw at Buckingham Palace on Thursday before he is expected to jet back over to his wife and child.

The duke arrived two hours before the crunch meeting at the Sandringham estate to have a heart-to-heart with the Queen alone.


  • Why Meghan Markle didn't dial in for crisis talks between Prince Harry and Queen

The 93-year-old monarch was said to be bitterly disappointed by the Sussexes' desire to step back from public life while splitting their time between the UK and North America.

Following their chat and a discussion with the three princes afterwards, Her Majesty gave her blessing for a "transitional period".

Her Majesty had been desperate for her grandson and his new wife to remain "full-time working members" of the firm, an official statement said last night, but has now relented.

She is said to want the problem resolved in days rather than weeks but has admitted producing a workable plan for the Sussexes' desired financial independence has proved "complex" with details still being ironed out.

The couple's new website states that 95 per cent of their annual funding comes from the Duchy of Cornwall, the Prince of Wales’s private estate, estimated at around £2.3million.

And with their intention to relinquish the Sovereign Grant, it is understood Prince Charles made it clear he does not have unlimited funds.

With Harry and Meghan's wedding, as well as fitting out Frogmore cottage, all costing millions, and the Queen wants staff to find a solution sooner rather than later.

Any future funding is likely to impose firm rules on their commercial ventures, with the couple expected to look to make millions abroad.

Source: Read Full Article