Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are ‘taking a few months’ off before they launch their new brand because they ‘need a break’ after stepping back from life in The Firm, royal expert claims
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex are delaying their plans to launch their new brand
- Royal expert Omid Scobie said the pair ‘surprised everyone’ by taking time off
- Said Prince Harry, 35, and Meghan Markle, 38, are planning ‘a few months out’
- Couple last week shared their final post on the Sussex Royal Instagram account
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are ‘taking a few months’ off before their plans to launch a brand and charity because they ‘need a break’, a royal expert has claimed.
Prince Harry, 35, and Meghan Markle, 38, last week shared their final post on the Sussex Royal Instagram account and officially stepping down as working senior royals on Tuesday.
After months of build-up, the couple, who are believed to be living in Malibu with 10-month-old Archie, were rumoured to be revealing their new brand and charity last week, with Instagram being their launch platform of choice.
However, speaking on the Heir Pod podcast, royal commentator Omid Scobie claimed the pair have ‘surprised everyone’ by taking time off after the ‘build up’ of them dropping their HRH titles.
Prince Harry , 35, and Meghan Markle, 38, are ‘taking a few months out’ before plans to launch a charity because they ‘need a break’ after stepping back from life in The Firm, a royal expert has claimed (They are pictured attending the Commonwealth Day Service 2020, their last outing as senior royals)
He said: ‘It is interesting because we had such a build-up since January to the departure of Meghan and Harry stepping back as senior working royals.
‘Suddenly on March 31 it sort of crept up on us really quickly, we had the couple announcing the beginning of their transition period over the next year on Instagram.
‘At the same time, they were announcing that they are closing down their social media and their website and taking a break for the next few months. I think it has really taken everyone by surprise.
‘Because there was so much talk about the couple preparing projects and ready to launch initiatives. When actually it was two people that were like, “We need a break too”.’
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are currently living in California with their son Archie having stepped back from royal life last week . They are pictured with 10-month-old Archie in South Africa
The couple promised in last week’s Instagram post last night to continue their charity work behind the scenes.
Between them Harry and Meghan boasted 11.3 million followers on their current SussexRoyal Instagram account, and were expected to launch a series of projects following the announcement of their image revamp.
The move was set to spark an upsurge in activity for both Prince Harry and Meghan, who have been laying the foundations for life after royal duty.
Omid’s comments come after royal commentator Camilla Tominey claimed on on This Morning that all plans to ‘rebrand as celebrities’ have been put ‘on ice’.
The couple, who dropped their royal titles last week after giving up their positions as senior members of the Firm, posted a message to their account at the time to say farewell to their 11 million followers
She told the couple have decided against launching new projects at the moment, because they wouldn’t get the ‘column inches’ they wanted, as well as feeling it’s ‘inappropriate’ to rebrand at this time.
Host Phillip Schofield, said the post was the couple ‘signing off’, Camilla agreed: ‘Wasn’t it? Very much so. What’s interesting is, this week they were meant to be launching their life as non-royals.
‘Today marks the end of that transition period, where they they were meant to officially step down, but of course due to the coronavirus outbreak they haven’t been able to do that. They’ve effectively put these all on ice.
‘I think they regarded it as not only inappropriate to be rebranding at a time like this, but equally, they aren’t going to get the column inches they wanted. ‘
Meghan is understood to have ‘heaps of projects’ in the works after stepping back from her duties as a senior royal, with her first gig voicing a Disney documentary about elephants
Meghan is understood to have ‘heaps of projects in the works’ after stepping back from her duties, spanning across various areas, to help the couple become financially independent.
The former actress’ first gig after quitting the royal family was revealed on Thursday – with Meghan voicing a Disney documentary on elephants.
Their final Instagram post last week, which had the comments switched off, racked up thousands of likes within minutes and signed off with ‘Harry and Meghan’.
Source: Read Full Article