ANDY RUIZ JR is back in action THIS WEEKEND as he faces fellow Mexican-American Chris Arreola in what should be an exciting heavyweight clash.
Ruiz Jr hasn't been in the ring since his world title defeat to Anthony Joshua in December 2019, after changing his life six months before by shocking the world to win the belts.
The 31-year-old has since split with trainer Manny Robles, joined up with Canelo Alvarez's coach Eddy Reyonoso, and he's looking in better shape than ever.
When is Andy Ruiz vs Chris Arreola?
- Ruiz Jr's return to the ring against Arreola will be on Saturday, May 1.
- The fight will take place at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
- The ring walk is set to take place at around 5am on Sunday UK time – 9pm local time.
- There will be a limited number of fans in attendance because of coronavirus restrictions.
- Check any upcoming fight in SunSport's boxing schedule and events guide.
What TV channel is Ruiz Jr vs Arreola on and can it be live streamed?
- A UK broadcaster for Ruiz Jr vs Arreola has yet to be confirmed.
- But in the U.S., the fight will be shown live on Fox Sports pay-per-view for the price of $49.95.
Andy Ruiz Jr vs Chris Arreola FULL CARD
- Andy Ruiz Jr vs Chris Arreola
- Erislandy Lara vs Thomas Lamanna
- Eduardo Ramirez vs Isaac Avelar
- Sebastian Fundora vs Jorge Cota
- Omar Figueroa Jr vs Abel Ramos
- Jesus Alejandro Ramos vs Javier Molina
- Adrian Granados vs Jose Luis Sanchez
What have they said?
“I can’t wait to get back in the ring on May 1,” said Ruiz.
“Training with coach Eddy in his gym has been amazing. I’m around great fighters like Canelo Alvarez and we’re putting in the work so that I can look better than ever.
“I have known Chris Arreola since I turned professional. He’s a Mexican warrior just like me, and I expect him to come at me with everything he’s got."
Arreola added: “We’re doing everything that we can so that when Ruiz and I face each other, fight fans will get treated to an all-out war between the two best Mexican-American heavyweights to ever step in the ring.
"This matchup should be a fan friendly fight, and I plan on winning behind all of my hard work.”
Source: Read Full Article