Bernardo Silva teases Barcelona transfer but Man City playmaker needs Frenkie de Jong to sign for Man Utd first | The Sun

BERNARDO SILVA refused to commit his future to Manchester City amid interest from Barcelona.

Nou Camp coach Xavi has set his sights on the Portugal international – although any move would hinge on them selling Manchester United target Frenkie de Jong.


Bernardo, 27, wanted to leave the Etihad last summer to be closer to his family but went on to enjoy another excellent season under Pep Guardiola.

But after playing for his country in a 2-0 win over Czech Republic, The City playmaker would not entertain questions over whether he will push to leave again in the next few weeks.

Bernardo said: "Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer, because I'm at the service of the national team and super focused on the game that remains.

“When the season ends, we'll see what happens."

READ MORE SPORT STORIES

Zidane ‘AGREES’ PSG deal, Real Madrid keen on Reece James transfer

Get max £5 bet on England at 8/1 or Italy at HUGE 28/1 with 888Sport

Guardiola said earlier this week his former club will have a "difficult time" if they want to sign Bernardo, who would cost more than £85million.

Barca’s financial problems are well documented and their best chance seems to be selling de Jong – who is wanted by his former Ajax boss Erik Ten Hag at Old Trafford.

The Catalan giants are looking to at least recoup the £64m it cost to sign him from Ajax back in 2019.

Dutch international boss Louis van Gaal claimed on Wednesday night that De Jong is rated at around £96m by his club.

Most read in Football

BEING FRENK

Man Utd 'told by Frenkie De Jong he DOES want to join this summer'

TEN FOR EFFORT

Ten Hag sends EMAIL laying down law and telling flops he won't tolerate egos

MCA-TEASE

Man City could offer McAtee to Brighton on loan to beat Chelsea to Cucurella

Demb luck

Barcelona star Dembele snubs PSG for Chelsea transfer and will join for FREE

BETTING SPECIAL – GET £50 CASHBACK ON LOSING BETS

If Barcelona were to get a fee of that size, it would boost their hopes of landing a replacement of Bernardo’s quality.

City would be reluctant sellers – particularly with question marks over Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling, Riyad Mahrez and Oleksandr Zinchenko.

However, Guardiola has consistently said he will not look to keep any players who have their heart set on leaving – providing a suitable offer comes in.

    Source: Read Full Article