Drunk Man Utd fan stormed Old Trafford DRESSING ROOM during anti-Glazer protests as staff locked themselves in offices

A DRUNK Manchester United fan stormed the Old Trafford home dressing room during anti-Glazer protests, it's reported.

The supporter is said to have confronted United staff before Sunday's Premier League match with Liverpool, which was postponed after fans forced their way into the stadium and invaded the pitch.

The fan shouted at nine shocked United staff members, including doctors, physios and kit men, huddled in the dressing room, the Daily Mail reports.

Around 100 protesters charged into the ground with some entering the players' tunnel.

Terrified staff were reportedly told to lock themselves in offices in the Sir Bobby Charlton Stand.

Last night, police condemned the protesters' "absolutely atrocious behaviour" as they revealed six officers were injured.


Greater Manchester Police said around 1,000 fans massed outside the Theatre of Dreams to protest against the club's owners, the Glazer family.

Another 200 other protesters gathered at the Lowry Hotel in Salford where the United players were staying.

Fans were furious at the club's plans to enter the European Super League, before they were forced to pull out following mass outrage.

The demonstration had been planned days in advance, with boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleading for it to be peaceful.

But tempers flared during the protests with supporters seen throwing punches at each other.

Cops were pelted with missiles by United fans shouting "f***ing pigs".

Six officers were injured, with one requiring emergency hospital treatment after being slashed in the face.

Greater Manchester Police said one officer suffered a fractured eye socket and a third was was dragged and kicked.

One man allegedly punched by cops has been left with a broken jaw, his partner claims.

Bottles and barriers were hurled at police officers and horses after the largely peaceful protest outside the ground descended into chaos.

The demonstration against the Glazers also led to a stand-off with police at the entrance to the Lowry hotel just hours before the game.

Supporters chanted and lit flares next to the team bus as it waited for the squad.

United's players and staff required a police escort as they were finally left the team hotel.

Footage showed fans chanting at the Sky Sports television studio and cameras in the main stand.

One clip showed a flare being hurled in the direction of the gantry, while protesters were also seen carrying off United corner flags.

Authorities finally managed to usher the crowds off the pitch.

United said fans who got into the Munich tunnel forced open a door to allow protesters into the ground.

The behaviour shown at this protest was absolutely atrocious

But the Old Trafford club denied suggestions that a member of staff opened a gate to allow fans inside the stadium.

In a statement, the club said: "Reports that protesters were able to access the stadium and pitch via a gate opened by club staff are completely incorrect. 

"After breaking through barriers and security on the forecourt, some protesters climbed the gates at the end of the Munich tunnel, then forced access to a side door in the stand, before opening an external door that let others through to the concourse area and the pitch.

"A second breach occurred when a protester smashed the door of a disability access lift, enabling a group to enter the stand."

United are set to take action against fans who were violent or who engaged in criminal activity.

PM Boris Johnson, who was anti-Super League, said: “I don’t think it’s a good idea to have disruptive behaviour.

“But I do understand people’s strength of feeling.”

Greater Manchester Police condemned the violence as they confirmed the injuries to officers.

A 28-year-old man has been arrested as the force mounts an investigation.

GMP Assistant Chief Constable Nick Bailey, said: "The behaviour shown at this protest was absolutely atrocious.

"Officers were just trying to do their job and facilitate a peaceful protest, however a number of those present became hostile and aggressive towards officers and forced entry to the football grounds, making it very clear that this protest was not peaceful and ruining it for the majority of protesters who had not intended for the protest to become violent.

"Our officers tried to engage with protestors, but were met with violence and aggression which resulted in enforcement action being taken.

"Enforcement will always be a last resort, but in these circumstances it was deemed necessary in order to maintain safety during a situation that was rising in hostility.

"No officer should have to come to work and face these conditions.

"This violence was completely unnecessary and resulted in officers being taken from front line policing and neighbouring forces to prevent the disorder getting worse, putting increased pressure and strain on our service and ultimately taking away resources from those who may be in desperate need of our help."

    Source: Read Full Article