GERVONTA DAVIS makes his return to the ring as he faces game lightweight contender Isaac Cruz in his next bout.
'Tank' hasn't been in action since his 11th-round stoppage win over Mario Barrios back in June when he announced himself to the super-lightweight division.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
But now Davis is back at lightweight, where he holds the WBA 'Regular' title.
Originally scheduled to face Rolando Romero, Davis is now up against Cruz, who is one of the most ferocious 135lb fighters in the world.
When is Gervonta Davis vs Isaac Cruz?
- Gervonta Davis' clash with Isaac Cruz will take place on Sunday, December 5.
- You can expect ring-walks to get going from around 4am UK time on Monday, December 6 in the UK.
- The bout will be held at Staples Centre in Los Angeles, California.
- There will be a full capacity crowd in attendance at the clash.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Unfortunately, the fight hasn't yet been picked up by a broadcaster in the UK, though this is likely to change.
- Davis' last fight with Barrios was shown on Fite TV for a price of £9.99, while his clash with Leo Santa Cruz last year was aired free on Channel 5.
Davis vs Cruz FULL CARD
- Gervonta Davis vs Isaac Cruz (12 rounds – lightweight)
- Sebastian Fundora vs Sergio Garcia (12 rounds – super-welterweight)
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Carlos Adames (10 rounds – middleweight)
What have they said?
“I know Cruz is going to come to fight," Davis has said.
"The fans are going to be the winners in this fight, because we’re both coming in prepared to be at our best. I’m ready to put on a great show.
“It’s going to be fireworks for sure. It’s going to be something you can’t miss. Don’t go get your popcorn or anything like that during this fight. This is another tough task, but this is what I’m made for.”
But Cruz believes he has the beating of Davis.
“I’m ready to put on a show," he said. "There were a wide array of feelings when I knew I got this fight, but most of all, it made me really motivated to be ready for this opportunity.
“We are not overconfident in any way, but Gervonta has not fought anyone with my style and with my characteristics.
"We’re working really hard to make sure my style will work the best that it can."
Source: Read Full Article