Transfer news LIVE: Dele Alli to PSG LATEST, Luis Suarez to Atletico Madrid CONFIRMED, Mbappe ‘wanted by Liverpool’ – The Sun

LUIS SUAREZ will be an Atletico Madrid players subject to signing a contract and passing a medical, the club have confirmed.

The Uruguay legend was released by Barcelona earlier in the evening, paving the way for the move.

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It's completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There's a £100k jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Follow all the latest transfer gossip and news below…

  • GOOD MORNING FOOTY FANS

    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang admits he was “thinking about” leaving Arsenal this summer.

    But the Gunners captain was persuaded to stay by boss Mikel Arteta.

    He told Sky Sports: “Two things persuaded me to stay. The first thing was Mikel Arteta, because since he came in he brings a lot of positivity and a new philosophy for us.

    “I think that was important because it matched my game and I feel that I can improve with him.

    “I think this was the key factor and as well, the love that I receive from the fans and the whole club.”

    Meanwhile, Glenn Hoddle has warned Harry Kane will QUIT Tottenham at the end of the season if Jose Mourinho fails to deliver a trophy.

    The Spurs star, 27, has stayed at the North London club despite them having not won a trophy since the 2007-08 League Cup.

    Hoddle has told The Gary Newbon Sport Show on Punching.TV: “Harry Kane needs a bit of silverware at the end of this season if he's going to stay.”

    In other news, Sevilla have rejected a bid topping £46million for Jules Kounde from an unnamed English club.

    Manchester City have been strongly linked with the Frenchman in Pep Guardiola's hunt for a new centre-back.

    Sevilla transfer chief Monchi confirmed earlier in the week that a bid was rejected for Kounde.

    And the Spaniard has told the Telegraph that an English team was behind the offer, worth “more than double” the £23m they spent on the defender a year ago.

  • FOX HUNT

    Demarai Gray wants to quit Leicester because of his bit-part role – and Tottenham are keen to take him, according to reports.

    The winger has grown impatient at his lack of game time and his manager Brendan Rodgers is reportedly growing resigned to losing him.

    The Athletic reports that the 24-year-old is attracting interest from several clubs, not least Spurs.

    But no concrete offers have yet been submitted for the ex-Birmingham City ace.

  • EXCLUSIVE

    Chelsea are ready to send gaffe-prone Kepa out on loan – after landing Rennes keeper Edouard Mendy as their new first-choice.

    Stamford Bridge legend Petr Cech, who himself joined the Blues from the French club, was key in identifying the Senegalese 28-year-old as the new Chelsea gloveman.

    And while Chelsea insisted no decision has yet been taken on Kepa’s future, it is understood that Frank Lampard will assent to the Spaniard leaving on loan before next month’s deadline.

    Kepa, 25, has struggled to live up to the world record £71m fee Chelsea paid Athletic Bilbao to land him as Thibaut Courtois’ replacement in 2018.

    He fell out of favour last term after a series of high-profile errors before the lockdown.

  • PICK OF THE BUNCH

    Everton are lining up Manchester United’s Sergio Romero — heaping pressure on Jordan Pickford.

    Keeper Romero, 33, wants out after the return of Dean Henderson from a loan  at Sheffield United.

    It is believed Carlo Ancelotti’s Toffees have made contact with intermediaries and held talks over a deal for Man Utd's Argentina stopper.

    Pickford is under fire following his double cock-up in Everton’s 5-2 Carabao Cup win over Fleetwood on Wednesday, although boss Ancelotti defended him.

  • DONE DEAL

    Cagliari have announced the arrival of Diego Godin.

    The 34-year-old terminated his contract at Inter Milan by mutual consent.

  • UP AND AWAY?

    Dayot Upamecano has opened the door to a potential move to Manchester United.

    In an interview with Telefoot, Upamecano said that his future is currently at Leipzig – although he did not rule out a move away.

    He said: “For the moment I am with Leipzig but it is true that I was able to discuss with certain clubs.

    “As I said, for now I am focused on Leipzig and I will continue to play for Leipzig. And then we’ll see.

    “You never know what can happen in a football season.”

  • DEC DECIDE

    Declan Rice is pushing for a transfer to Chelsea, according to reports.

    But West Ham are insistent they will not sell the England star.

    According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, the Hammers vice-captain is keen to get a move back to Chelsea.

    There is a suggestion that Rice's agent is already in negotiations with the Stamford Bridge club over a potential move with the two clubs close to beginning talks.

    However, SunSport understands there still has been no official bid put in from any club for the Three Lions international as of yet.

  • DONE DALE

    Brighton midfielder Dale Stephens has joined Brighton for an undisclosed fee.

    The 31-year-old played 99 top-flight games for the Seagulls during his six-year stint with the club.

  • SPUR-FECT

    Tonight Tottenham face Shkendija in the Europa League.

    Click here to tune into SunSport's LIVE coverage of the match.

  • LOFTY AMBITION

    Ruben Loftus-Cheek is wanted by as many as EIGHT clubs – including West Ham and Aston Villa, according to reports.

    The 24-year-old midfielder has fallen way down Frank Lampard's pecking order and is said to be considering his future.

    Loftus-Cheek, who has been left out of Lampard's past two matchday squads, is being targeted by clubs at home and abroad, say The Telegraph.

    Dean Smith's Villa side have shown a keen interest – and are also looking at Loftus-Cheek's team-mate Ross Barkley.

    But West Ham would give Loftus-Cheek an opportunity to stay in London.

  • AUBA TO YOU

    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang admits he was “thinking about” leaving Arsenal this summer.

    But the Gunners captain was persuaded to stay by visionary boss Mikel Arteta.

    He said: “Two things persuaded me to stay.

    “The first thing was Mikel Arteta, because since he came in he brings a lot of positivity and a new philosophy for us.

    “I think that was important because it matched my game and I feel that I can improve with him.

    “I think this was the key factor and as well, the love that I receive from the fans and the whole club.

    “Everyone is treating me very, very good, so I feel at home and that's why I'm staying.”

  • KANED IT

    Harry Kane will QUIT Tottenham at the end of the season if Jose Mourinho fails to deliver a trophy, Glenn Hoddle has warned.

    Hoddle has told The Gary Newbon Sport Show on Punching.TV: “Harry Kane needs a bit of silverware at the end of this season if he's going to stay. 

    “I think Gareth Bale's come to win trophies for Tottenham.

    “I think Son (Heung-min) is another one who wants to win something for Tottenham. 

    “There's a lot of players there who put in a lot of hard work building Tottenham up in the last four or five years.

    “They've got to the Champions League final, but they haven't won anything.

    “They haven't got anything to show for the work that has been put in and it's a make or break season for them.”

  • KOU DUNNIT?

    Sevilla have rejected a bid topping £46million for Jules Kounde from an unnamed English club.

    Manchester City have been strongly linked with the Frenchman in Pep Guardiola's hunt for a new centre-back.

    After signing Nathan Ake in the summer, the Premier League side are still in the market with Kalidou Koulibaly and Jose Gimenez also targets.

    Sevilla transfer chief Monchi confirmed earlier in the week that a bid was rejected for Kounde.

    And the Spaniard has told the Telegraph that an English team was behind the offer, worth “more than double” the £23m they spent on the defender a year ago.

  • NOU ATTACK

    Barcelona will reportedly sign a new striker in the coming days to replace Luis Suarez at the Nou Camp.

    The 33-year-old was deemed as surplus to requirements by new boss Ronald Koeman, who allowed him to join Atletico Madrid.

    And according to AS, the Bluagrana will act fast in their pursuit to bolster their frontline.

    They state that both Lyon star Memphis Depay and Inter Milan marksman Lautaro Martinez are the club's top two targets.

  • JOR DROP

    Arsenal are reportedly lining up a shock bid for Chelsea vice-captain Jorginho.

    Sky Sports claim the midfield playmaker, 28, has emerged as an alternative to Lyon’s Houssem Aouar and Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.

    Jorginho has scored ten goals in 100 games for Chelsea following a £50million move from Napoli in 2018.

    But his association with former boss Maurizio Sarri has seen him divide opinion amongst Blues supporters.

  • MOST VALUABLE SQUADS

    Liverpool have the highest-valued squad in the world, but Bayern Munich are only sixth.

    Here is a list of how all the world's biggest clubs fall on a table of squad value.

  • PICKED OFF?

    Jordan Pickford’s future at Everton is in jeopardy, with Carlo Ancelotti having doubts over his 'liability' goalkeeper following TWO more mistakes against Fleetwood Town.

    The Toffees boss has never been convinced by the England No1 – even demanding the board find him a new goalkeeper as far back as JANUARY.

    Earlier this year, SunSport revealed Ancelotti demanded Marcel Brands find him a top-quality stopper – with nothing ever coming to fruition as the board strengthened other positions.

    And now – after two more blunders – Ancelotti could finally axe the Three Lions stopper.

    Ancelotti has just two weeks left in the current transfer window to find a star replacement.

  • BY JORG

    Arsenal are weighing up a bid for Chelsea midfielder Jorginho, according to reports.

    Mikel Arteta has so far struggled to get either Houssem Aouar or Thomas Partey through the door.

    The Spaniard sees a defensive midfielder as the key cog in finally getting to play 4-3-3.

    Jorginho appears to be down the pecking order at Chelsea, with Frank Lampard preferring N’Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic in midfield.

    And he could follow the Blue exodus to the Emirates, much like David Luiz and Willian.

    Sky Sports claim the Italian international is on the list of top Arsenal targets.

  • UM AND AH

    Manchester United and Arsenal are involved in a five-club fight for Barcelona’s Samuel Umtiti.

    The French defender is under contract until 2023 but after a number of knee injuries, the Catalans want him off the books.

    Arturo Vidal, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo and Luis Suarez have already left as part of new boss Ronald Koeman’s summer overhaul.

    Now France Football claims Umtiti could be the next one to depart, and the defender is in high-demand.

    According to the news outlet, there are five teams who want the 26-year-old ex-Lyon ace.

    The Gunners and Red Devils are allegedly the two with the most significant interest in him.

  • 'NIO CAMP NO1 TARGET

    Barcelona are reportedly lining up a surprise swoop for Chelsea outcast Antonio Rudiger.

    The defender is said to be unhappy at Stamford Bridge having failed to make an appearance in the early weeks of the season.

    And, with Frank Lampard admitting the player could soon leave, reports have emerged of a possible destination.

    German publication Kicker and Spanish newspaper Sport both believe Barcelona have Rudiger in their sights.

    The centre-back, 27, is seen as an alternative to Manchester City starlet Eric Garcia, who wants to return to Spain.

  • GET YOUR COAT, COUT

    Philippe Coutinho could still make a shock move to Arsenal in a last-minute loan move, reports claim.

    The Gunners had been heavily linked with a bid for the Barcelona playmaker before turning their attention to Lyon ace Houssem Aouar.

    Coutinho’s agent ruled out a move away from the Nou Camp this window, with the player in the plans of new boss Ronald Koeman.

    But according to Sport, even though the ex-Everton gaffer is a fan of the 28-year-old, the club’s financial situation means that they are open to listening to offers for him.

    And with Arsenal struggling to match Lyon’s asking price for Aouar, it has been said they could go back in for the Brazilian international.

    The Spanish news outlet have claimed Mikel Arteta‘s side are willing to bring Coutinho to North London on loan.

  • NEED FOR RUD AWAKENING?

    Frank Lampard provided a brief update on the future of Antonio Rudiger after speculation the centre-back could be sold.

    Rudiger, 27, was left out of the squad triggering suspicion the German defender could be a player to make way for all the new signings.

    Barcelona are reported to be interested in him.

    Lampard said: “Don't read too much into team selections at the moment.”

  • DITCH HALF A DOZEN

    Manchester United are hoping to offload SIX players to afford Jadon Sancho and Alex Telles, according to reports.

    Despite reports of a busy summer at Old Trafford, only Donny van de Beek has arrived with Alexis Sanchez the biggest name to leave.

    A left-back and right-sided attacker are thought to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's priorities in the remaining weeks of the transfer window.

    Porto defender Telles is widely reported to be his first-choice but the Red Devils have had difficulties reaching the £17million price tag.

    According to the Mail, United want to negotiate a smaller fee while they struggle to shift their unwanted stars.

    Chris Smalling could be reintegrated into the side but the preferred outcome is said to be an £18m exit.

  • 'LLES IS MORE

    Alex Telles is determined to join Manchester United this summer, according to reports.

    The Telegraph claim that the Porto left-back is hell bent on pushing through his move to Old Trafford.

    The two clubs are reportedly ‘haggling’ over a fee but it has yet to be agreed – even though Telles has a £36.6million release fee on his contract.

    United reckon his value has reduced as a result of that and are determined not to pay top dollar, or even over the odds.

  • MORE ON MENDY

    Edouard Mendy’s announcement comes after a rocky start to the season for Kepa Arrizabalaga.

    Significantly, Chelsea have said that he will COMPETE with Kepa and Willy Caballero for a starting place.

    A club statement said: “The Senegalese international has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge and will compete with Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero for a starting spot between the posts in the season ahead.”

    Mendy said: “I am so excited to be joining Chelsea.

    “It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff.

    “I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started.”

Source: Read Full Article