EastEnders has reportedly been left in turmoil as the writers scramble to come up with a Kat Slater storyline to explain Jessie Wallace's exit.
The actress, 48, is believed to have been suspended from the soap for two months over an incident during filming.
Bosses are now working hard to come up with a plausible plot to explain Kat's sudden disappearance from Walford.
A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Scriptwriters are currently coming up with a storyline to explain Kat’s temporary exit from Walford.”
An insider previously told the paper that show bosses hauled Jessie into a crisis meeting after an incident during filming in which her behaviour was called into question.
The well-placed source said Jessie was told during the crunch talks that she would be suspended for two months.
“Bosses were left with no choice but to discipline her,” added the insider. “During the meeting she was told to sort herself out before returning to work.
Series chiefs were relieved that Jessie had already filmed her scenes on the River Thames for the soap’s 35th Anniversary Special on February 19.
The source said: “She’s one of EastEnders’ biggest stars and this huge anniversary is such an exciting time for everyone working on the show.
“There’s a real buzz around the set, as everyone is very much looking forward to celebrating the milestone.
“Thankfully all of the episodes she appears in on the boat along the Thames have been shot, so her suspension didn’t cause any chaos to the soap’s big birthday week.
“Nonetheless it’s such a shame Jessie’s out for a while because this really is such an exciting and historic time for everyone working on the show."
Show bosses have already confirmed that the anniversary storyline will involve one character dying in a boat tragedy.
Mirror Online has contacted a representative for EastEnders for comment.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
Source: Read Full Article