Strictly Come Dancing: Motsi Mabuse’s future confirmed after fears of exit from BBC show

Strictly: Motsi Mabuse admits she didn’t have ‘an easy childhood’

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Motsi Mabuse, 40, replaced Dame Darcey Bussell, 52, as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing back in 2019 and ever since, she has been adored by fans of the show. Despite the pandemic wreaking havoc on the BBC series last year and the professional dancer based in Germany, she managed to overcome the logistical challenges to feature on the panel. It has been reported there were fears she might have had to withdraw from the upcoming season but procedures have been put in place to ensure Oti Mabuse’s, 30, sister is available to offer her critiques on the 2021 line-up.

Not only is Motsi a judge on Strictly but she also features as a panellist on the German edition of the franchise, Let’s Dance.

It was her role on this that prompted fears she would have to miss out on being a judge on the UK version for four weeks.

Bruno Tonioli, 65, has had similar clashes with his schedule in the past and has been replaced by a guest judge for a fortnight in the midst of the competition being televised.

However, Motsi’s role was not to feature in an episode of the programme but to take part in the live tour.

Reports are now suggesting she has decided to pull out of her commitments overseas to sit next to her co-stars on the British Saturday night entertainment show.

A source explained that Motsi’s “diary clash had been a real headache” for Strictly bosses, adding it would have been impossible for her to commit to both.

“So when push came to shove she passed on the tour and signed a new contract,” the insider continued, stating producers were “thrilled” to have her back on the panel.

Express.co.uk have contacted a representative of the programme for comment.

They also told The Sun how it is hoped all four judges will be featuring in this year’s season after Bruno was absent from the entirety of the 2020 series.

This was because he was living in Los Angeles at the time and the travel restrictions imposed as a result of the pandemic made his role a logistical nightmare.

Signed a new contract

A source

With restrictions across the world easing due to the success of the vaccine rollout, it is hoped Bruno will be back and a post-pandemic season can take place as last years was adapted to adhere to social distancing guidelines.

This would be the first time Bruno has sat next to his co-stars Motsi, Shirley Ballas, 60, and Craig Revel Horwood, 56, in almost two years.

They will be keeping a close eye on the contestants taking part and it seems the rumour mill is already going into overdrive as to who will compete.

Amongst the A-list names stapled to the series is the likes of former professional footballer, Rio Ferdinand, 42.

According to his colleague and former Strictly contestant Gabby Logan, 48, he is asked almost every year to take part.

Speaking to the host of the dance show, Tess Daly, 52, the sports commentator said: “You need to get your producers onto him.

“I almost had him. He said, ‘Did you really enjoy it?’ and I said, ‘How often do they ask you?'” the presenter explained.

“He said, ‘Every year’. He’d be incredible, and he’s a dancer,” Gabby told Tess on her podcast, Mid-Point.

Someone else who could be strutting their stuff on the dance floor is This Morning star and fashionista, Gok Wan, 46.

Appearing on Channel 4 chat show, Steph’s Packed Lunch, the How To Look Good Naked presenter explained whether he would sign up.

“They’ve asked me many times but, believe it or not, I’m quite shy – I know I come across as being out there – but when it comes to my personal life I do suffer from nerves quite badly.

“So things like dancing or singing, all that kind of performing, even though I do panto, it takes a lot for me to get into that zone.

“The idea of going onto a weekly show and being on display to the whole of the world, not using my craft or my skill or expertise in whatever I’m talking about, it terrifies me.”

Strictly Come Dancing is scheduled to return later this year on BBC One.

Source: Read Full Article