TV host blasted over claims Harry and Meghan helped cause Prince Philip’s death

An American presenter has come under fire after he suggested Prince Philip's death was associated with his grandson's recent interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Fox News presenter Brian Kilmeade linked the Duke's passing with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's groundbreaking interview with Oprah, citing ex-GMB star Piers Morgan as his source.

After the US broadcaster, 56, made the comments during the report, viewers were quick to take to Twitter to criticise the allegation.

When news of Prince Philip's death broke on Friday afternoon, networks across the globe paid tribute to the late Royal, who had been the longest-serving consort in British history.

However, over on Fox & Friends, host Brian said: "There are reports that [Philip] was enraged after the interview and the fallout from the interview with Oprah Winfrey, so here he is trying to recover and he's hit with that."

The US journalist then claimed Piers Morgan had inspired his speculation, saying: "Piers Morgan was saying on his morning show, which he famously walked off of, is like 'Really? Your grandfather is in the hospital, you know he's not doing well, is this really the time you have to put out this interview?'

"Evidently, it definitely added to his stress."

With his comments prompting an outcry, viewers were quick to defend Duke and Duchess of Sussex Meghan and Harry, taking to Twitter to speak out.

One argued: "The man was 99 years old and not in good health. To blame Harry and Megan is cruel – no wonder they left the 'Firm' – you people should be BANNED."

"Fox News blaming Meghan and Harry for a 99-year-old dying as if he would've gone another 30, 40 years without that Oprah interview, " said another.

"I was wondering how long before Fox News chimed in blaming Meghan Markle and Harry. I missed their condolences for the passing of Prince Phillip,……….. oh hang on there weren't any," chimed a third.

Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah was broadcast on March 8 in the UK, with Prince Philip leaving the hospital the following week.

He went on to undergo a procedure at London's St Bartholomew's hospital for a pre-existing heart condition, before returning to Windsor castle.

On behalf of The Queen, the palace released a statement on Friday afternoon, confirming the Duke of Edinburgh died "peacefully" in his home.

It read: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.

" Further announcements will made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."

Source: Read Full Article