THE Great British Bake Off kicked off with a bang last week raking in a huge 7.3 million viewers.
New face Matt Lucas has already proved to be popular with fans and we can't wait to see what the rest of the series has in store.
What time is Bake Off on tonight?
The show will kick off at 8pm tonight on Channel 4 for 90 minutes.
After that, it will air at 8pm every Tuesday.
Filming was originally planned for April 2020 with the series set to start in August. But due to the coronavirus pandemic filming didn't start until July 2020.
Who are the Bake Off judges?
Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith are back as judges on the show.
Together they will be rating and ranking the various bakes across the usual challenges, like the technical.
Despite Covid restrictions, Paul was allowed to give contestants his “Hollywood handshake” for top bakes.
Who are the Bake Off 2020 hosts?
The biggest change is that Matt Lucas has taken over from Sandi Toksvig as a presenter.
Sources close to Sandi had said she was "desperate to leave for ages" and spent most of the time on-set knitting and isolating herself.
The Little Britain star will co-host alongside Noel Fielding, one of the nation's most-loved eccentric comedians.
Who are the Bake Off 2020 contestants?
All 12 bakers were revealed on September 15, 2020.
You Bake Off contestants are:
- Dave, 30, is an Armoured Guard from Hampshire.
- Hermine, 39, is from London and works as an Accountant.
- Laura, 31, from Gravesend in Kent is a Digital Manager in her day job.
- Londoner Sura, 31, is a Pharmacy Dispenser.
- Loriea, 27, lives in Durham and is a Diagnostic Radiographer – out week one
- Lottie, 31, is from West Sussex and is a Pantomime Producer.
- Rowan, 55, from Worcestershire is a Music Teacher.
- Marc, 51, lives in Cornwall and is a Bronze Resin Sculptor.
- Mak, 51, from Greater Manchester is an Accountant.
- Linda, 61, from East Sussex is a Retirement Living Team Leader.
- Edinburgh-born Peter, 20, is an Accounting & Finance Student.
- Northern Irish Mark, 31, lives in Liverpool and works as a Project Manager.
You can find out more about the bakers right here.
How will Bake Off be different in 2020?
Cast, including presenters, were made to quarantine before filming began so that close interaction on-set was possible – so don't be surprised if you don't see them social distancing on screen.
Chief commercial officer Jane Millichip said at a virtual Broadcasting Press Guild lunch event: "As you can imagine, there was a lot of work collaboratively between Love Productions and our COVID protocols team just to get that right."
Source: Read Full Article