A FIVE-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero after saving seven family members and a dog from a fire that leveled their home.
Noah Woods woke up Sunday morning to see flames in his bedroom. He got himself, his two-year-old sister Lily and his pet out through the window, according to the fire department.
Noah fortunately shared a room with his little sister.
"I picked Lily up, got to the window with Lily, got the dog and got out," Noah told WSB.
"That's it, and I got myself out."
Valiant Noah then woke up his uncle next door in Georgia's Bartow County to alert the rest of the family.
"If it wasn't for Noah – I mean we were all asleep so we wouldn't have known what was going on," grandfather David Woods told WSB.
"We could've all lost our lives."
Noah and four other family members were treated for only minor burns and smoke inhalation, thanks to the child's quick-thinking.
The Bartow County Fire Department will name Noah an honorary firefighter and presenthim with a Lifesaving Award tomorrow.
Gov. Brian Kemp is expected to read a letter at the ceremony.
"We've seen children alert their families before," Fire Chief Dwayne Jamison told CNN.
"But for a five-year-old to be alert enough to do this … that's pretty extraordinary."
The electrical fire originated in Noah's room and destroyed the home.
The family is asking for donations after admitting to letting the insurance "lapse."
"We praise God that we all are safe," David Woods wrote on a GoFundMe fundraising page.
"Unfortunately, our home was a total loss."
Woods wrote that the loss of the insurance "has made a difficult situation a little worse."
"We are planning to rebuild and will likely need to stay in a motel for some time and likely rent a small house while we work to earn funding and build.
"It's difficult for us to ask for help from our community however, we know this feat is too great for us to achieve alone."
The family has raised more than $10,000 so far.
Source: Read Full Article