Harry’s frank warning to Meghan Markle about ‘what she’s letting herself in for’

Prince Harry tried to prepare Meghan Markle for what she was 'letting herself in for' before they tied the knot.

The Duke of Sussex warned the former actress about how joining the Royal Family would be life-changing and not a decision she should take lightly.

The pair had "frank conversations" in which Harry, 36, told her: "It's not easy" but vowed to always put their relationship first.

"…it's a big deal and it's not easy for anybody," he admitted to the BBC in 2017 after the couple announced their engagement.

"I still had to have some pretty frank conversations with her to say, you know what you're letting yourself in for…"

He added: "At the moment, for us, it's going to be making sure our relationship is always put first."

When speaking about Meghan joining the Royal Family, he continued: "For me, it's an added member of the family.

"It's another team player as part of the bigger team, and for all of us, all we want to do is be able to carry out the right engagements."

Meghan also said of her decision to quit acting to become a full-time royal: "I don't see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change.

"The family has been great, and over the past year and a half we've just had a really nice time getting to know them and progressively helping me feel a part of, not just the institution, but also part of the family which has been really special."

Meghan had until the autumn of 2016 been best known for playing Rachel Zane on the US TV show Suits.

But that all changed when the couple's romance became public and she caused a worldwide frenzy – becoming the most Googled actress of the year.

Photos of the 39-year-old and Harry could command a fee of thousands of pounds and royal fans were desperate to find out more about this mystery actress who had stolen the heart of the royal rebel.

Then on November, 27, 2017, Harry and Meghan announced their engagement.

  • Prince William and Kate Middleton hunt for new housekeeper who can 'exercise discretion'

Just two months earlier, Meghan had gushed to Vanity Fair: “We’re a couple. We’re in love. I’m sure there will be a time when we will have to come forward and present ourselves and have stories to tell, but I hope what people will understand is that this is our time.

"This is for us. It’s part of what makes it so special, that it’s just ours. But we’re happy. Personally, I love a great love story.”

So when Harry popped the question, Meghan revealed she 'could barely let him finish proposing' before interrupting him and saying "Can I say 'yes' now?".

  • Meghan Markle's pal Mulroney slams 'a******s we thought were friends' in cryptic post

The couple went on to enjoy a spectacular, star-studded wedding at Windsor Castle in May 2018.

A year later, on May 6, 2019, they welcomed son Archie Harrison.

But in January, they announced they would be stepping down as senior members of the Royal Family and would "work to become financially independent" as well as dividing their time between the UK and North America.

They added: "After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution."

Meanwhile, as we previously reported Meghan's decision to wear a tuxedo in 2018 should have rung alarm bells for the royal family, a royal writer has claimed.

Instead of opting for a glamorous gown like Kate Middleton several years before her, Meghan wore a chic designer suit to her first official night time engagement.

Royal Writer for news.com.au, Daniela Elser believes the writing was on the wall for Meghan's future actions, the moment she snubbed wearing frock for a tuxedo in February 2018.

Source: Read Full Article