Horror as mouse nest found in fridge at filthy takeaway with greasy walls

A takeaway has been closed after a mouse nest was found in one of its fridges.

Inspectors were appalled to see dirt, grease and rotting food when they visited Pranzos Piri Piri in Leyton, northeast London, in addition to the rodent nest discovered in the motor compartment of the restaurant's fridge.

The disgraced establishment, owned by Muhammad Raheem, was taken to court by Waltham Forest Council, where it was slapped with a £1,589 fine on July 5

READ NEXT: Rat-infested takeaway with dead rodents on surfaces and no sink slapped with £221k fine

This wasn't the first time the vile food spot had raised concerns over its hygiene practices – it had been on Environmental Health’s watch list ever since it was given a food hygiene rating of one out of five back in February.

When inspectors visited again in late June they found no improvements had been made, despite the fact that brazen Raheem had actively requested the second inspection, Metro reports.

Councillor Khevyn Limbajee, Cabinet Member for Community Safety at Waltham Forest Council, said: "While we are always vigilant in monitoring hotspots, given the extent of the health and safety breaches at Pranzos, it’s shocking that Mr Raheem was confident enough to actively request an inspection.

  • Beauty queen arrested over restaurant theft of £1.4million worth of 'irreplaceable' wine

"I am pleased to see that Environmental Health Officers made such a swift intervention in shutting it down, and that Thames Magistrates’ Court agreed for it to remain closed until the risk to public health and safety is removed."

It seems it's about time the restaurant closed its doors, as customers had begun to complain about the poor quality of food – with some even picking up on the takeout venue's poor habits.

One disgruntled customer wrote: "The burger I had has given me an extreme stomach ache to the point of throwing up. I definitely do NOT recommend this place as it does not live up to the cost."

Another eagle-eyed patron added: "Place is full of mice and cockroach[es] living in all the raw food", even attaching a picture of a large bug on what appeared to be one of the restaurant's surfaces alongside the review.

A third said: "Very dirty. I feel bad to give a bad review because the food isn’t so bad, but I just can’t get over how filthy it was. As a business, hygiene and cleanliness should always be top."

READ NEXT:

  • Waiter with monkeypox almost collapsed serving customers and feels like 'walking zombie'

  • New VIP restaurant charges £80,000 just to eat pasta from chef who cooked for Putin

  • McDonald's sparks drive-thru row after refusing to serve pair driving horse and cart

  • Mum keeps McDonald's burgers and fast food for years to prove it doesn't go off

Source: Read Full Article