How many McDonald's restaurants are there in the world? | The Sun

IF you go to any major town or city in the UK, you're bound to spot a McDonald's – but how many are there out there in total?

Below, you'll find just how many there are across the world, which country has the most and what locations to visit if you'd rather not spot the golden arches.

How many McDonalds restaurants are there in the world?

There are over 40,000 McDonalds restaurants in more than 100 countries and territories across the globe.

This number has risen year-on-year for the last 16 years.

Read more in Money

I built my own swimming pool and now my house price has DOUBLED

Exact date you need to claim for £650 cost of living payment or miss out on cash

How many new restaurants are opened each year?

These figures vary, with some reports suggesting one new outlet opens its doors every five hours, and others say it is more like 15 hours.

Whatever the frequency, it seems Maccies opens around 1,000 new stores a year.

According to its website, sales increased by 11.8% in the first financial quarter of this year up to March 31.

This came despite the burger joint pulling its operations out of Russia due to its ongoing war with Ukraine.

Most read in The Sun

BOY OH BOY

I won Love Island but what happened on last night’s show wasn’t normal

KEEPING COOL

Woman shares easy hack to cool your house during the heatwave

'save her'

Love Island fans beg Michael Owen to intervene after Luca’s behaviour to Gemma

CLASS ACT CAROL

Carol Vorderman sends fans wild as she poses in lowrise dress at air base

If you'd ever want to open your own McDonald's, the company does look for franchisees to open new sites.

And according to McDonald's, opening your own site could see returns of between £1.5m and £4.3m a year.

However, you will need around 25% of unencumbered funds, roughly £100,000, with the remaining 75% offered up by a bank.

Which country has the most McDonalds?

There are more McDonald's restaurants in the United States than any other country in the world.

In 2021 there were 13,438 outlets across the country.

Meanwhile, nearby Canada has 1,452 restaurants across its territory.

Cuba, off the south-east coast of the USA, has just one McDonalds, five less than the considerably smaller Guam in the Western Pacific.

What countries have no McDonalds?

They may seem to be in every nook and cranny, but there are a large number of countries which don't have a single McDonald's.

Read More on The Sun

Woman shares easy hack to cool your house during the heatwave

My wedding dress cost £3k & I hated it – I cried so hard my lashes fell off

This includes European countries such as Iceland and Macedonia.

Other places that don't have sites are Gambia, Krygyzstan, Laos and Bolivia.

    Source: Read Full Article