Queen ‘banished staff’ during Megxit showdown with Prince Harry to avoid leaks

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

The Queen "banished staff" last year during her discussions with Prince Harry after their bombshell Megxit announcement, it has been claimed.

Her Majesty told her staff to stay out of the way in a bid to avoid leaks when the showdown took place on January 13 last year.

Talks took place at Sandringham Estate to discuss the decision and the Queen wanted to make sure information was not leaked to the press, reports Express.

In Channel 5's Royal documentary 'Secrets of the Royal Palaces,' a royal commentator revealed Prince Harry, 36, and the Queen only wanted key aides with them.

Glynis Barber, narrator of the documentary, said: "The Queen wanted absolute privacy and chose the secluded Long Library, the location of her first televised Christmas address.

Royal commentator Emily Andrews added that both Prince Harry and the Queen had their private secretaries with them, but household staff were "banished".

Ms Andrews said: "The Queen instructed all of her staff to keep to the other side of the house. They wanted to keep it as private as possible, they didn't want anything being leaked to the press."

  • Meghan Markle joining Royal Family 'made Kate Middleton collateral damage'

In the run up the showdown, the royals ware said to have been "crumbling" despite trying to present a "united front".

The meeting, which was also attended by Prince Charles and Prince William but not the Duchess of Sussex, discussed details of how Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would leave the Royal Family.

Prince Phillip did not attend the meeting as he is said to have viewed Harry's departure as a "dereliction of duty".

Last week an expert claimed the Queen sees Prince Harry as a "prodigal son" and will always welcome him back into the royal family "with open arms".

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left their positions in March and now live in Santa Barbara with son Archie, where the pair have built a life of their own since they decided to step back as senior members of the Royal Family.

Daily Star has approached Her Majesty The Queen's representatives for comment.

  • Prince Harry
  • Queen

Source: Read Full Article