Cops have nabbed a third suspect in connection to the October 2012 slaying of a Harlem cellphone store worker, the NYPD announced Saturday.
Investigators extradited Osvaldo Polanco Garcia, 40, of the Bronx, back to the United States from Costa Rica Friday, an NYPD spokesman said.
He had been awaiting extradition since Costa Rican border cops collared him in October 2019 for carrying fake ID, the Costa Rica Star reported.
Garcia is charged with murder, attempted murder and robbery for the Oct. 19, 2012, killing of Francisco Pinzon-Martinez, authorities said.
Co-workers found Pinzon-Martinez, 30, of Hamilton Heights, unconscious with his shirt over his head in a third-floor storage room at the Metro PCS.
There was a “long struggle” between Pinzon-Martinez and his attackers, a law-enforcement source said at the time.
He died of blunt force trauma to his head, authorities said at the time.
Pinzon-Martinez worked the midnight shift at a nearby laundromat, where he worked to make extra cash to support his family back in Mexico.
Authorities previously arrested and charged Alejando Polanco, 25, and Kenny Garcia, 24, within a month after the slaying.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article