The Queen ‘furious’ about £2.4m Frogmore refurb bill after Royal Family split

The Queen is said to be fuming Harry and Meghan Markle are ditching royal life after forking out £2.4m to refurbish their Frogmore Cottage home.

Sources close to Her Maj say the monarch is "privately furious" a huge amount of taxpayers' money was spent of the Windsor home since they don't intend living there.

It comes after the Sussexes' bombshell announcement they are stepping back as senior royals to become financially independent and split their time between England and Canada.

Although The Queen announced she accepts the wishes of her grandson, according to the Sun insiders have indicated she isn't happy as is "privately furious".

Amid the fall out staff at Frogmore Cottage, where Harry and Meghan had been living rent-free, have allegedly been moved to other households in the Queen's estate.

  • What happens when the Queen dies? Strange requests and practices

  • The Queen breaks cover after royal split – and she's not wearing a seatbelt

A source told The Daily Mail: "The workers are already being offered other roles at Buckingham Palace.

"There is a skeleton staff there all the time, consisting of one cleaner and a house manager. Others work as and when needed.

"This has all come as a bit of shock. They took great pride in working for them and being at Frogmore."

Frogmore was completely renovated from five staff cottages, into one larger five-bed home, using £2.4 million of taxpayers’ money.

Additional fixtures and fittings were said to have been paid for my Harry and Meghan's private funds.

The duke and duchess previously said they will continue to live at Frogmore as they continue to "collaborate" with the Queen.

  • Meghan Markle's sister Samantha cut off by Ruth as she slates Duchess on This Morning

The announcement allegedly came without the Queen's prior knowledge, leading commentators to suspect the Sussexes would be rapped for a breach of protocol.

Following the talks, her Majesty released a statement on January 13.

She said: "My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family.

Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life.

The Queen, 93, broke cover for the first time today since the crisis talks.

She was seen driving on her Sandringham estate without a seatbelt.

Read More

Today's Top Stories

  • Amazon driver kicked pet dog six times
  • ISIS warlord so fat he's carried in 4×4
  • Farmer 'eaten by his own pigs'
  • Boy, 10, gets girl, 13, pregnant

While it is against the law to drive without a seat belt for passengers and drivers, the Queen is also immune from any civil or criminal proceedings.

  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Queen

Source: Read Full Article